The Foreign Language Leader Award teaches young people how to lead others through basic languages activities (for example teaching the colours or days of the week) by working to develop their communication, organisation and motivational skills.
- Recommended age: 13 and over
- Course length: 30 hours (approximately)
- Price: View the price
- Assessment: There is no formal assessment.
- Teaching the course: The tutor must be from an authenticated offical organisation. However no attendance to a Sports Leaders UK Tutor Training day required
- Unit 1 - Planning, preparing and assisting a simple foreign language activity
- Unit 2 - Communication and motivation skills for leading a foreign language activity
- Unit 3 - Cultural understanding of the chosen country
- Unit 4 - Compendium of foreign language games and activities
- Unit 5 - Organising and running a foreign language event
- Unit 6 - Demonstration of leadership skills in foreign language
Date printed: 19/03/2019