The Literacy Leader Award teaches leadership skills and enables pupils and students to lead small groups in simple literacy based activities (for example, teaching the basic structure of a sentence or writing about how a game might be played) whilst under direct supervision of their tutor or teacher.
By learning how to lead others, pupils and students will develop a greater understanding of the subject area which will lead to an increase in their personal attainment.
- Recommended age: 13 and over
- Course length: 30 hours (approximately)
- Price: View the price
- Assessment: There is no formal assessment.
- Teaching the course: The tutor must be from an authenticated offical organisation. However no attendance to a Sports Leaders UK Tutor Training day required.
Date printed: 17/06/2019
- Unit 1 - Planning, preparing and assisting a simple literacy activity
- Unit 2 - Communication and motivation skills for leading a literacy activity
- Unit 3 - Delivering literacy across the curriculum
- Unit 4 - Compendium of literacy games and activities
- Unit 5 - Organising and running a literacy event
- Unit 6 - Demonstration of leadership skills in literacy